Communities Environment Program
The Communities Environment Program supports small scale, community-led environment projects that address local environmental priorities in each of the 151 federal electorates across Australia.
What does it offer?
Each federal electorate will receive up to $150,000 for allocation to successful project applications. A maximum of 20 projects will be funded in each electorate.
For each project, the grant amount can cover all eligible project costs. However, additional cash and/or in-kind contributions
towards the project costs are strongly encouraged.
• The minimum grant amount is $2,500.
• The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
We cannot fund your project if it receives funding from another Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government grant for the same activities. You can apply for a grant for your project under more than one government program, but if your application is successful, you must choose either the Communities Environment Program grant or the other government grant.
- Program guidelines published on business.gov.au/cep – 25 July 2019.
- Applications open – Monday 12 August 2019.
- MPs undertake community consultation to identify projects – Early to late August 2019.
- Expressions of Interest Forms due – Friday 27 September.
- Applications close – Thursday 10th October 2019.
How do I apply?
You should read the grant opportunity guidelines before you apply.
To apply you must
- be invited by your MP to submit a formal application for your project
- complete the online Communities Environment Program
- application form (accessed by a link in an email you will receive from your MP)
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria
- include all requested attachments.
More information is available at www.business.gov.au/cep.
Members of Parliament are responsible for the community consultation process. If you are invited to apply by your local MP, you will receive the link to the online application form in an email from your local Federal Member of Parliament.
To apply, fill in the online application form accessed via the link in the email from your local MP and attach any mandatory attachments.